Friday, April 13, 2012

These Are My Confessions (sung like Usher, for real)

Soooo... I did well today. Really well....

Well, I mean... At first I did well.

And then... Well... dessert happened. After lunch.

Also, my assistant principal handed out Hershey candy bars at school today. And somehow (it's just the craziest thing!), one wound up unwrapped in my hands! Imagine! And at some point after that, another teacher gave me an Atlanta Bread Company chocolate chunk cookie.

Yeah. 400 calories of wonderful chocolatey, sweet baked goodness. But I intended on being good. I really, really did. I held it in my hand while we talked, intending on taking it back to my room and giving it away. But the longer I sat there and talked, the more it cried out to me. The more it beckoned me. Taunted me. Coaxed and cajoled me.

It's a talented cookie.

So I did what I HAD to do.

I ate it.

It made a nice dessert after the Hershey's bar.

So then I said, "That's it!" And I was done. I splurged, I was happy and full, and I was done.

Until a friend of mine asked me to go to Johnny's Pizza with her and her kids for dinner tonight. "Sure!" I say without thinking. After all, I can always get a slice or two of the thin crust cheese and it won't cause horrendous damage. I can totally do thin crust cheese.

Or maybe a stromboli. With cheese!

And also, garlic knots.

So...... garlic knots with melted butter and a cheese stromboli were ordered. But luckily, my friend shared with me, so I only ate HALF of my stromboli. And it was gone in approximately 12.45 seconds, because I eat like I'm afraid someone's gonna take it from me.

So the end of my damage, I am 800 calories over my daily goal. But you know what? I'm happy. And I'm okay. Should I have done it? Maybe not. But I don't regret it.

Ask me again tomorrow when I'm celebrating a friend's birthday at a fun party! Although, I AM running a 5K.... Now I wish it were longer - a 10K or something else. 300 calories seems so low compared to the damage I did today!

Good God, it all tasted so good. My life would be so much easier if I just did not love the taste of food. Such is the dilemma of my life!

**
What tempted you today?!?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for not beating yourself up, it does sound like your indulgences were yummy and worth it ;) I just ate 3 bowls of chocolate Cheerios for "dessert" - I need to stop buying cereal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm. Peanut butter Cheerios are my downfall. I can very easily eat a half to 3/4 of a box in one sitting! I can't buy cereal at all unless it's Fiber One!

    ReplyDelete