Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Early Morning Workout and Pizza for Dinner

It's Tuesday, and you know what that means... BIGGEST LOSER! Hopefully, the drama will begin to die down. I miss the old seasons where it was all about conquering weakness, getting in shape, changing lives, and actually losing weight. Now, it's become a middle school popularity contest, where a queen bee pulls the strings on her marionettes to make them dance for her amusement. It's a little frustrating, but I am hopeful!

Had a fabulous workout this morning. Tuesdays are "no run" days, so I cross train. I did the Turn up the Music workout from BodyRock.TV. It was a quick 12 minute high intensity interval challenge. I set my interval time for 12 rounds of two segments - 10 seconds rest interval and 50 seconds max interval. I did six different workouts twice:

1)Walking Push-Up & Knee Jump Tuck -- 4//3
2) Plank Jumps with Weight Ball & Clean & Press -- 4//3
3) Low Jacks and V-Split on a dip station -- 7//9
4) Superman Push-ups -- 7//7
5) Turkish Get-Ups with Weight Ball and Standing Jump -- 7//7
6) Sumo Squat with High Knee and Half Burpee -- 5//4

Only twelve minutes, and I was pouring sweat! It's great for my workouts before work. I can wake up at 5:30, work out, make breakfast, get dressed, and leave for work by 6:50.

I got to snuggle a five-day-old baby today! My friend Julie had her second child, a gorgeous little girl named Ellie, last Thursday. So snuggling her today was super sweet. I love the way babies smell of baby powder and just... love. It's a very unique scent. I was a tried and true baby hog, not giving the baby up until her grandfather protested. I SUPPOSE he deserves to hold his new grandbaby. WHATEVER. :)

I went over today with dinner (a large cheese pizza and garlic knots) and dessert (4 cupcakes from Parkside Bakery, an amazing bakery in Grayson, Georgia). While I did cave and have two pieces of pizza and two garlic knots, I DID refrain from eating ANY of the cupcakes. I feel like I deserve mad praise for that. Cupcakes are my weakness. They're little portable cakes! They are PERFECT!

Today's food:
Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs with chopped green and red peppers
AM Snack - cottage cheese, green pepper sticks
Lunch: lean ground beef, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, light ranch cup
PM Snack - protein drink, cottage cheese
Dinner - 2 pieces cheese pizza, 2 garlic knots (I'm not even sorry)

Yep... Cupcakes are my weakness. And doughnuts. And mozzarella sticks. And Jalapeno Cheddar Cheetos. And wings. And pizza. And Reese's peanut butter ANYTHING.......

Somebody stop me now!

(PS - I totally meant to take a few pictures today to put on the blog to make it more interesting, and I forgot! I will get better... I promise!)

2 comments:

  1. Love the countdowntodiva blog name. It is too cute. I feel the same way about the BL this season, it is driving me nuts. I still miss Jillian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! I like your name! ;)

    I agree. I miss Jillian, big time. I wish she were still around - I'm okay keeping Dolvett, as well, but I wish there could be three trainers!

    Have a great day!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete