Friday, February 24, 2012

Kelly Clarkson, 4 miles, and heading back to the gym!

How nerdy is it that I got geekily excited about 1) running again tomorrow (4 easy miles!) and 2) beginning speedwork and tempo runs? I'm not sure at the moment how to gauge my runs, so I'm going to be doing most of my tempo and speed runs initially on the dreadmill. Hopefully, I'll be able to become a little more better acquainted with my levels of exertion. Right now, my levels go from approximately "Hey, this isn't too bad" to "HOLY CRAP, I'M GOING TO DIE RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, HELP ME" in a fraction of a second. I think I may be running too hard, even as slow as my mileage is. My easy runs according to SmartCoach are supposed to be run WAY slowly - 13:48 a mile tomorrow! I'm hoping that by slowing it down, I will also be able to run the entire way.

Here is my week according to SmartCoach:


I'm not sure why my dates are a little bit off. I typed my information into the plan on February 20, so I don't know why it's telling me my first week is February 13 - unless SmartCoach thinks I should've been psychic and anticipated this ahead of time! I'm using the times as rough estimates for my traveling, but I am also following a training plan that a super awesome friend created for me. Deanna works for Mizuno and is probably one of the most amazing runners on the planet. So I'm following her plans while keeping to suggested times from SmartCoach. It's good to mix and mingle, right?


I am doing the 4 mile run tomorrow, then starting off with the posted weekly schedule on Monday. My cross-training days will come from BodyRock.TV. I did a workout on Thursday of this past week that included burpees and reverse push-ups on a dip station and my back muscles are totally feeling it today. Love that feeling!

In other news, went to the Kelly Clarkson concert in Atlanta last night. LOVE that girl. She just always seems so comfortable with who she is and by God, she is not changing to fit what the media or what society feels she should be. I admire that a lot, and sometimes I feel so hypocritical, because part of the reason I go to Weight Watchers and workout like I do is because I want to fit into all these cute clothes, and I want to look cute, according to society standards. I envy that she could not care less.

But forget her appearance (because she's beautiful as anything, no matter her weight!), let's discuss her VOICE. The girl can sing. I would love to have the ability to sing well. I can be best described as a cross between a dying bullfrog and the squeaky sounds coming from a hamster's spinning wheel. It's so not pretty, and yet, I will sing loud and proud. I figure, if I know I'm terrible, I might as well own up to it.

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment