Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I miss running. But trying something new next week!

I am taking the week off to recuperate from the half-marathon this past Saturday. And while it means I get to run on Saturday, it also means I didn't get to run today. I normally run on Wednesdays, so my brain definitely missed it today! Four miles on Saturday, here I come!

I am incorporating something new beginning next week... Thanks to Hungry Runner Janae, I am trying out Smart Coach, from Runner's World. You can input your time on your latest race (2:43 for a half marathon for me), the race length you are training for, the intensity of your training, and how long you want your training to be, and it creates a plan for you. My next half is 34 weeks away, so I've got quite a long training plan! BUT Smart Coach seems to think it can get me to finish the Diva Half Marathon in 2:24. Twenty minutes faster? That would be awesome!

So beginning next week, Smart Coach has me doing tempo runs and speedwork. I have never done either - all of my runs have always been either easy runs or long runs! Next week's tempo run is 4 miles, with a mile to warm up and cool down, and the 2 middle miles at 12:05 per mile. I haven't gone to the gym to use the treadmill since June 2011, but I guess I will be revisiting my membership!

Tomorrow - going to see Kelly Clarkson in concert! SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment