Monday, February 27, 2012

A gorgeous Monday run - fabulous even after work!

Running after work has been a challenge. I'm an elementary special education teacher, and I feel like by the end of the day, my body is physically drained and my brain is mentally drained. Running can be a challenge at that point, to say the least.

But like Saturday, I slowed it down. I went from a 12:00 mile to a 13:08 mile, and I ran the entire three miles, even after work. I felt like I could've continued on, but I didn't want to press my luck. I'm trying to keep my mileage low as I recover from the half!

I am keeping track of my mileage for 2012. Thanks to Slim Katie, I discovered a super cool website called Running Ahead. It keeps track of your mileage and adds it up over time. It's a pretty nifty tool for keeping track of mileage.

Running Log powered by RunningAHEAD


I have decided I need to be better about pictures. I think pictures can add so much life to a blog. It brings to life these images that our words paint every day. I'm not used to taking a lot pictures through my day to day life, but hopefully this will help me be better with it!

Today's food:
Breakfast -- oatmeal, pear, hardboiled egg
Snack -- apple, almonds
Lunch: chicken breast, black beans, zucchini sticks, grape tomatoes, ranch (to dip!)
Snack - tuna fish, green pepper sticks
Dinner -- whole wheat spaghetti, low-sugar spaghetti sauce, lean ground beef, 2 York peppermint patties

2 comments:

  1. LOVING YOUR BLOG and I love Tuesdays for Biggest Loser too. I am stoked you are going to use Smart Coach wahoo. Running after school is HARD. I totally understand, I feel drained and exhausted but afterwards I feel so much more refreshed! Way to eat so healthy...mmmm I love tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, yay, Janae likes my blog! :) Totally made my Tuesday! THANKS!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete