Sunday, February 26, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun....

I love weekends like this one!

Woke up Saturday morning and went to meet one of my friends at Weight Watchers. The scale was down, which doesn't always happen very often! It was only down 0.6, but hey... a loss is a loss. I'm now officially down 16 pounds!!!!

After Weight Watchers, I had a 4-mile run. It... Was... AMAZING. I consistently run about an 11:30 - 12:00 minute mile. Super slow, but working on improving that. However, when I run that pace, I'm not able to maintain it more than a mile and a half or so. I have to stop and walk, then run again. But just once, I want to RUN a long distance. And I mean, really run the entire length of it. I want to be that girl that can run eight, nine, or even ten miles without stopping. So yesterday morning, I set out with a goal. I was going to run SLOWER than I thought I needed to. I actually ran a 13:18 minute per mile pace. And running slower actually took some concentration! But I focused on the slow run, and four miles flew by. FOUR MILES that I ran the ENTIRE TIME. I was pretty excited.

Then, last night was Girls' Night! I have an amazing group of friends, and about 5 years ago, amidst a circus of weddings, engagements, and pregnancies, I decided that we needed to do a monthly Girls' Night. The first night out was December of 2006, where the group of us hit up Atlantic Station in downtown Atlanta. Fast-forward 5 years, and a few friends have unfortunately drifted away and new friends have fortunately joined us, but I thank God for these girls every day! So we got together last night and went to Cinebistro Brookhaven in Atlanta. It's this amazing movie theater, where you can order and eat dinner right in your seat at the theater. And the seats were these oversized leather chairs that rocked! They were large enough that I could sit comfortably cross-legged, because I am a big 10-year-old and when I sit in chairs, my feet dangle. It makes crossing my legs awkward. So I just say, 'to hell with it,' and I do the old-school Indian style. :)

Anyway, I split a main course with my friend Jenni. We shared a grilled chicken BLT with avocado and French fries. YUM. And then, we also split a super rich chocolate cake. And then I split a pitcher of beer with my friend, Kathleen (I try to be classy and drink wine, but I just love a good beer). There is something to be said about enjoying a cold beer while you're watching a good movie on the big screen. We saw "This Means War," which had 1) Reese Witherspoon - enough said, 2) two hot boys as male leads, 3) hilariously funny one-liners, and 4) stuff that blew up! I had heard bad reviews about the movie, so I was a little hesitant, but I LOVED it.

Sunday morning, after the necessary trip to the grocery store - which may or may not have occurred in my sweatpants I slept in, teeth unbrushed, face unwashed, and hair unbrushed -- I got a phone call from my friend Krista about seeing a movie. So I decided to try this whole 'being spontaneous' thing and threw on a pair of jeans and headed to meet her. We wound up seeing Wanderlust, with Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston. It was very funnier - much funnier than I thought it would be. So glad I went!

Now comes a busy afternoon of cooking, food prep for the upcoming week, and TV-watching. I love Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment