Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Birthday = Sayonara to a Diet!

Well, I turned the big 3-2 today. And my friends helped me celebrate in style. They know my true sweet tooth, and they know the lengths I have to go to in order to suppress it to maintain my weight. But the sweets came out in droves today!

It all started with this:
I have a weird obsession with candy corn. Around Halloween every year, I will eat enough to make myself sick on it, and then I have to have a reprieve. But around my birthday, the craving comes back!
And then this came along:
I have seen these in the stores for weeks now, but never tried them. But one of my sweet friends bought them for me, and OHMYGOD, so good. It's almost obscene how good they are. YUM.
Then came two cupcakes from two of my amazing friends:
A Publix cupcake from my student teacher. If you have Publix stores in your area, you gotta admit, their cupcakes are amazing. If you don't... your world makes me sad. The frosting is the best part, and my wise student teacher knows this. So she had them add TRIPLE the frosting. And in fun colors! Love it. And yes, the ribbon on top kind of makes it even more sparkly and fun.
Red velvet. Just... Just... YUM. The frosting was to die for.
For every birthday on my grade level, we all take turns buying that person's favorite dessert and bringing it in to share as a mini-celebration. My favorite sweet was brought in for sure:
These amazing doughnuts were from Donut King, and they're so so so good. They're the most ginormous doughnuts ever. I might have had two. My poor jeans.
And then, finished the day off with two very yummy items:

That would be a Bud Light, some grilled shrimp, and French fries.

Now, I'm back home, in my bed, and my belly feels stretched to capacity. I am a happy, happy, stuffed birthday girl, but truth be told? I think I'm ready to go back to protein and fiber and water tomorrow!

Ending the post with something beautiful I got today. My parents left on a cruise today, but before they left, they made sure I'd get gorgeous flowers delivered to work from them!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I was waiting for your post so I could tell you :) Yay, for all of the goodies, I am SO glad you indulged on your day. Those french fries look so good, they are my weakness. My 8 year old's favorite candy is candy corn.
    Hope you had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks, sunshine! I did have an amazing day. And my friends didn't make fun of me for taking pictures of my stuff to put on the blog! Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BDAY!!! It looks like you are SUPER loved!! I hope your day was awesome! That was the first time I ever made curry! AND like the 3rd time I've ever had it, so YES super easy for us curry newbies! Let me know if you end up trying it out! GOOD LUCK! And...my goodness that cupcake/frosting looks unreal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! And trust me, the frosting/cupcake TASTED unreal! :) I will have to give the curry recipe a try soon - it looks delicious!

      Delete
  4. Found your blog through your comment on HungryRunnerGirl. Happy belated birthday, looks like it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ari! It was a fabulous one, thank you!!! Welcome to my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday :D Looks like you had a great time and I'm glad you got to enjoy all those treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The treats were amazing, and I ate until I was almost sick! Now, life is back to normal! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete