Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Detox Day # 1 = Success!

I'm not sure which switch in my head flipped on (or off) last night, but somehow, avoiding the things I shouldn't today seemed easier. I had a Tervis tumbler of water with me all day, along with a packet of gum in my pocket. Whenever I had the urge to grab chocolate, I took a huge swallow of water and popped a piece of gum. It worked - for today, at least!

Today's tempo run at the gym was kind of awesome, as well. I watched the end of Lost Season 1, episode 2, and then about 20 minutes of the third episode. I forgot how much I love this series. It made running in place much more bearable. I don't know what I'm going to do when my mom remembers that I have her iPad and demands it back!

One more day of workouts this week - strength training tomorrow. I already know it's going to be murder on my butt and thighs. Is it weird that I am looking forward to that? Also, today was GORGEOUS. Sunny and blue skies, with a high of close to 80. I wore shorts and a tank top to run in, and it felt amazing to have the sun on my skin. Know what gorgeous days are meant for? Driving around in the car, windows down, sunroof open, and 311 blaring loudly on the radio. Hello, 1996!

Food today was good. I'm pretty proud of myself. Only splurge was a handful of BIG Cheezits after work today. But that wasn't splurge. It was curiosity. I can't help it if I'm an inquisitive person and I've never before eaten them! (They were amazing, by the way, in case you were wondering).

Food Log:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with protein powder and pear
AM Snack: apple, 12 almonds
Lunch: Chicken of the Sea single serve tuna, piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, 1 tbsp Ken's Light Ranch
PM Snack: peanut butter granola bar and 2 prunes
Dinner: Chick-Fil-A grilled nuggets (standard Wednesday dinner), baked sweet potato, asparagus

Go me! :)
Running Log powered by RunningAHEAD

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your meals today! Mine weren't the worse choices, but I could have done better....

    I love Cheezits, I will have to try the big ones.

    Hope the rest of your workouts this week are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, go you is right!
    I hope for your sake that your mom never remembers you have her ipad :P

    ReplyDelete