Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pretty proud of myself...

So no run again today. My dad had surgery on his carotid artery today, and because it was the last day of school before Spring Break, I felt like I could not possibly subject a sub to a day with my little darlings. Come on, now... We all know how we used to treat substitute teachers at school. Add into the substitute mix a few children with behavior disorders, a fun run at school, cupcakes at lunch, AND the day before Spring Break?

I might have a hitman out looking for me, hired by the poor sub I would've had to get!

So needless to say, I worked a full day and kept my kiddos in line, then managed to get to the hospital to see my dad around 4:30. It's always such a shock to see my father looking less than completely imposing and confident. He had a bandage over his throat, tubes coming out from all over, and machines hooked up to him. He was awake and coherent, but he was very clearly weakened and hurting. It made my heart hurt.

So I sat with him until close to 8, then left to go home. And this is where the pride in myself comes in. It's late, I'm tired, I'm stressed out, and all I want is something bad for me. On my way home, I drive past a McDonald's, a Wendy's, a Sonic, and a Chik-Fil-A. And yet, I managed to drive right on by them and even went out of my way to find a Subway for dinner.

Also, I started using www.myfitnesspal.com to try tracking my calories, wondering if stepping away from Weight Watchers would be beneficial. I started about three days ago and today, my food was great - and that is even considering the fact that there were cupcakes served at the lunch table!

Food Today:
Breakfast: 1 piece cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, dipped in egg yolk and "fried" in a pan with olive oil spray, 1/2 cup blueberries, coffee, Horizon half & half
AM Snack - Kroger vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 baby-sized Butterfinger mini
Lunch: Fiber One cereal (noticing a trend? This is called "Amanda is too lazy to cook, so cereal for lunch for a week!"), cucumbers, tomatoes, 2 tbs Ken's Light Ranch, steamed broccoli
PM Snack - apple, multigrain chips, salsa
Dinner - Subway turkey sub with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, banana peppers, mustard and vinegar, apple crisps

Only ONE small piece of candy and no dessert tonight - go me!

Going to attempt running tomorrow! No school for me, so it'll be nice to knock it out first thing in the morning. It's my long run for the week - 7 miles!

Happy Thursday!

**
How did you guys wind up eating today? Proud of yourself, or looking forward to a new day?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, that is so awesome! I am so proud of your will power. Today wasn't a "perfect" day, but I don't feel bad about what I ate. Enjoy your run tomorrow, I have an eight miler on the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to see a parent like that :( I hope your dad starts to feel better soon! Great job on keeping your eats in check even though you had a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete