Friday, March 2, 2012

Weekly Weight In, Dirt Cake, and Cherry Blossoms!

Normally, I weigh in on Saturday mornings. I wake up ridiculously early, weigh in at 7:00 AM, then head for a yummy breakfast somewhere, before returning for the WW meeting. (Don't tell my leader!).

However, tonight was a little bit different. I weighed in after work, because my mom was making dinner for my early birthday celebration. I was up a pound at the weigh-in, but I'm not letting it bother me. For one, I weighed in the afternoon, when I usually weigh in first thing in morning. That can cause a good one to three pound weight fluctuation. For another, I took my measurements the other down, a reassurance that I was headed in the right direction. Thirteen pounds left to go!

So I headed to the parentals', and had the yummiest dinner. There was cheesy baked ziti (with fresh mozzarella!) and homemade cheesy garlic bread, but the BEST part of the dinner was Dirt Cake. For anyone who has never had it, it's this amazing layered concoction of a cream cheese/Cool Whip/pudding/powdered sugar layer with layers of crushed Oreos. SO GOOD.


Like the three candles? Apparently, I am three years old!

"Oh the weather outside is frightful..."
Tornado warnings, tornado watches, hook echoes, oh my! It's a typical spring evening in Georgia, if a little early i the year. So as I sit in my bed and watch the weather (I'm a bit of a weather nerd and am totally obsessed with knowing the weather at any given point of the day!), I realize I won't be able to get my 4 miles running outside tomorrow. It's supposed to storm most of the day. So, with a reluctant little sigh, I acknowledge that I will be back on the dreadmill. But alas! All is not lost! I have my mom's iPad, and I fully intend on watching Friends or something else equally amusing on there while I run my 4 miles. Woot woot!

I had made a decision a few weeks ago to run a race a month in 2012, from February to December. February 2012 was the Berry College Half Marathon, and I just registered for March's race - The Cherry Blossom 10K in Macon, GA. I was born and raised in Macon before moving to Atlanta, and every March, my family and I go back to Macon for the Cherry Blossom Festival. It's one of my favoritest weekends in all the land. And now, there's a reason to make it even more fun - 6.2 more reasons to be exact!

Food Today:
Breakfast - 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, 1/2 cup Horizon Fat Free Organic milk, 1/2 cup blueberries
AM Snack: apple, almonds
Lunch: lean ground beef, cucumbers, tomatoes, hardboiled egg
PM Snack: protein drink
Dinner: Baked ziti, cheesy garlic bread, dirt cake

No workout today. Tomorrow is a "short" long run day. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a weather nerd too - when I was younger I had a crush on our local weatherman!

    Enjoy your run today, I promise good tv makes the time go by much faster :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel is totally my weather boyfriend! :)

    No run today, after all, but I am totally looking forward to Monday's run now!

    ReplyDelete