Thursday, March 1, 2012

Monthly Measurement Check!

Since July 2011, I have been taking my measurements on the last day of every month. It has helped me determine whether I am actually losing weight. With my strength-training causing my weight itself to go up and down, I was finding myself getting discouraged -- until I started measuring myself.

I was down 1.15 inches in the month of February. That brings my total to 16.15 inches total. That is insanity to me.... Almost a foot and a half of fat GONE from my body. I love it!

I also had a great workout this morning. I did the Glad You Came workout from BodyRock. Six exercises, done twice through.

I set my interval timer for 12 rounds of 10 seconds rest interval and 50 seconds work interval. (All exercise descriptions are on the workout's page. Just click the title here: Glad You Came.

Exercise 1: High Knees
Exercise 2: Squat Lunge into a Side Lunge (both legs): 6 // 7
Exercise 3: High Knees
Exercise 4: Monkey Push-Up and Jump: 8 // 8
Exercise 5: High Knees
Exercise 6: Push-Up with V-Plank Jump: 6 // 7

Twelve minutes, and I was super sweaty! I love, love, LOVE BodyRock workouts. Also, on facebook, if you friend Zuzana Light, she does a ZWOW (Zuzana Workout of the Week) that are totally amazing. Check them out if you need some motivation for strength-training!

The plan my nutritionist worked up for me had me eating shrimp tonight with asparagus, but I was just not in a shrimpish kind of mood. So I got some help from Chik-Fil-A in the form of their new grilled nuggets. They are SO GOOD. Love that Chik-Fil-A has options to help me be healthy!

Today's Food:
Breakfast: Fiber One cereal, 1/2 cup of Horizon organic fat-free milk, 1/2 cup blueberries
AM Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 green pepper cut into sticks (and also a fun-sized Snickers)
Lunch: grilled tilapia, a slice of Ezekiel cinnamon-raisin toast, strawberries
PM Snack: cottage cheese, protein drink
Dinner: grilled chicken nuggets, asparagus, strawberries (and there may or may not have been a few handfuls of Cape Cod cheddar and sour cream potato chips).

Now, super excited for tomorrow for many reasons. 1) It's FRIDAY! 2) No workout in morning, so I can sleep in thirty minutes longer! 3) No workout in afternoon, so I don't need to worry about remembering my clothes! 4) Early birthday celebration with the family, where I get to eat baked ziti, cheesy garlic bread, and DIRT cake!

Might be the greatest Friday known to man.

6 comments:

  1. That chicken looks delish. Congrats on the inches lost. I finally measured myself a couple weeks ago. What a great idea to do it at the end of the month. I might try that in March.

    When is your birthday? Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's definitely kept me motivated when my weight just isn't cutting it! My birthday is next Wednesday - March 7th. But my parents are leaving for a two week cruise on Sunday (rough life they lead!), so we are celebrating tomorrow with some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seriously read the same blogs. I keep seeing your comments above mine :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's because we are both awesome! Duh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on losing all those inches!!

    Enjoy your birthday celebrations tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a happy camper. Here's hoping birthday celebrations don't put 16 inches right back on! :)

      Delete