Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pretty Much a Perfect Day Made Better by Disney!

After a pretty crappy night, I woke up to my alarm clock at 6:00 AM. The skies were still pouring down rain, the wind was still howling, so I laid still for a few minutes, debating with myself on the wisest option. But I had plans to meet my friend Jenni, so I hauled myself out of bed, threw on some clothes, and headed out. We ate at Chick-Fil-A, which is probably one of the most amazing fast food places ever. I normally get a chicken biscuit and hash browns, which is a whopping 19 points. I showed restraint today and only got the chicken minis, which are only 7 points. I feel like I am evolving as a person.

Or, if I'm totally honest, I 'll admit that I knew I was coming home to finish off a rather large portion of the Dirt Cake from my birthday celebration last night. :)

Today's Weight Watcher's meeting was all about exercise, which I loved. I think my brain has learned to love working out, simply because I forced it to. Ten months of six days a week workouts takes its toll on one's sanity - and enjoyment of exercise is often a symptom.

Afterwards, instead of going running like I normally do, I met my mom at Target, where I got a new purple running shirt, and then headed off for a manicure/pedicure. Is there anything more relaxing than having someone rub your hands and feet at the same time? I'm a little obsessive about pedicures. I get one every two weeks, because I refuse to have runner's feet. My feet aren't gorgeous, don't get me wrong. They are wide and chubby-looking, but they are smooth! So my toes are currently painted a hot pink, with palm trees, a sailboat, and little birds flying. It's amazing what my pedicure lady can paint on a toenail!

The afternoon consisted of meeting my friend Jessica for lunch. I meant to take a picture of my food (because believe me, it looked as beautiful as it tasted!), but I was SO HUNGRY, so I dove right in and messed it all up. But it was an amazing steak salad, with medium well steak, spinach, egg, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, almonds, and onions. YUM. And the restaurant, California Dreaming, had these amazing croissants with honey butter. Le sigh.

At some point between a big lunch out and a big dinner out, I napped for a little while. I don't know if you know this, but I am an expert napper. I can make a decision to nap, take my glasses off, and talk myself asleep in approximately forty-seven seconds. It's a gift. I'm an artist. A sleep artist.

But what made the night REALLY spectacular?

I am in the process of booking my flight for DISNEYWORLD! I'm going with one of my best friends in July, and I have never been before!

I'm a little bit excited.

4 comments:

  1. I am not a good napper, that is awesome that you can. I can't remember the last time I had a pedi, and I am in desperate need of one.
    Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should practice more to be a great napper! I do practice a lot. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good day after that scary night! You're going to have a blast at Disney :)

    ReplyDelete