Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mama Said There'd Be (Weeks) Like This...

Man oh man, it's been an insane week. It's been a week of leaving for work at 6:30 and getting home around 9 at night. Needless to say, I fall into bed, sound asleep!

Not to say I haven't been getting the workouts in. Monday afternoon, I discovered I was officially a REAL runner. Or maybe just stupid. Or maybe a really stupid runner! It was 85 degrees, high humidity, and the pollen count was 9,350. Yes, that's right. Nine THOUSAND. Everyone else I knew backed out of running that day. Not me, I tied on my sneakers and hit the road for 4 miles. I had my heart rate monitor on, and it was amazing to watch. My max heart rate was higher than normal through the whole run, and even the end, which was all downhill, my heart rate remained close to what it is normally during an uphill climb. But I survived and did not die afterwards, so yay!

And yesterday, I had a great workout. I set my interval timer for 24 rounds, with 30 seconds max interval and 10 second rest interval.

Round 1:
Burpees and Pushups
Squat and Press with weighted ball
L Leg Pushups (a regular pushup, but one knee is bent up to form an L in the air, leaving you to balance one one leg)
Knee Lift on the Dip Station

Round 2:
Burpees and Pushups
Squat and Press with weighted ball
Military Pushups
Shoulder/Knee sit-ups with weighted ball

Round 3:
Burpees and Pushups
Squat and Press with weighted ball
Monkey Push-ups (stand with legs straight, bent at the waist with palms flat on the floor (like an inverted V). Then bend your elbows, bringing the top of your head close to the floor, then straighten your elbows again).
Oblique Side V Abs

I say it a lot, but it's so true -- 12 minutes and I was sweating!

Today, no run because my yard was completely atrocious. So I had to come home and do some yard work. BO-RING. But it's okay. It was a good workout. Plus, I've got a 10K race on Saturday. Maybe it's just a baby taper. :)

Hope all is well with everyone else -- happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Running in that weather takes some serious dedication! Good luck on your race Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete